IN ESSENTIAL BELIEF, WE HAVE UNITY
- Ephesians 4:4–6, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
IN NON-ESSENTIAL BELIEFS, WE HAVE LIBERTY
- Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22, "Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. 12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves."
IN ALL OUR BELIEFS, WE SHOW CHARITY (LOVE)
- 1 Corinthians 13:2, "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
- We believe in the one God, Who is self-existent, eternal and infinite. We believe that He, while being the same in essence, has revealed Himself as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in God the Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom and measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Exodus 20:2-3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, born of a virgin, sinless in His life, Who atoned for the sins of the world by His death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, His High Priestly intercession for His people and His return to the world according to His promise. (John 1:1-2,14; Luke 1:27; Hebrews 4:15; Isaiah 53:4-6; Luke 24:39; 1 John 2:1)
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need of Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. As Christians, we seek to live under His control every day. (2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; 14:16,17,26; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12; 6:19,20; Ephesians 1:13; 5:18; Galatians 5:25.)
ABOUT THE BIBLE
- We believe that the Bible is God's infallible Word, written by men who were divinely and uniquely inspired, and that it is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)